Pinoy Battle.Net Server
Speed Up Your Connection :)  Untitled-1-24

The administrator may have required you to register before you can view this page.

Pinoy Battle.Net Server
Speed Up Your Connection :)  Untitled-1-24

The administrator may have required you to register before you can view this page.

Pinoy Battle.Net Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePORTALLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Speed Up Your Connection :)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ItsMeNik
Student
Student
ItsMeNik

Speed Up Your Connection :)  Empty
PostSubject: Speed Up Your Connection :)    Speed Up Your Connection :)  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 10:03 am

I Dont Think Kung Ito Yung Right Section To Post This Thread. But okay lets go.

First If You're a Smartbro user. This Section is the right place for you to speed up your connection
Im Sharing this knowledge that I leanred back when i was 12 yrs old , cause now im 16.

Okay Lets Go! cheers

First Go to Network Connections > "Your Connection" > Right Click > Properties > Internet Protocol Version 4 (IPv4) > Double Click > Choose "Use the following Dns Server" > Then type in > Preffered DNS server : 8.8.8.8 and Alternate DNS Server : 8.8.4.4

If You're a PLDT DSL user you can use this:

First Go to Network Connections > "Your Connection" > Right Click > Properties > Internet Protocol Version 4 (IPv4) > Double Click > Choose "Use the following Dns Server" > Then type in > Preffered DNS server : 208.67.222.222 and Alternate DNS Server : 208.67.220.220 or you can also try using SmartBro dns

THIS DNS SERVERS are from GOOGLE's PUBLIC DNS SERVER and OpenDNS. They speed you're connection a little bit and latency (which we use in game for anti spikes)

ALSO i would like to add:

DrTCP for SmartBro and PLDT DSL users

dslreports.com/front/DRTCP021.exe

FOR PLDT DSL USER set this:

1. Open DrTCP and put the following values:
2. TCP Receive Window = 2064440
3. Windows Scaling = Yes
4. Time Stamping = No
5. Selective Acks = Yes
6. Dial Up (RAS) MTU = leave it blank
7. Path MTU Discovery = Yes
8. Black Hole Detection = No
9. Max. Duplicate ACKs = leave it blank
10. TTL = leave it blank
11. Adapter Settings (select your LAN adapter) = 1500

FOR SMARTBRO USER set this:

2. TCP Receive Window = 937500
3. Windows Scaling = Yes
4. Time Stamping = No
5. Selective Acks = Yes
9. Max. Duplicate ACKs = 3
10. TTL = 128

Smile ENJOY!

lol!

DONT FORGET TO PRESS THE "THANKS" BUTTON Smile IT HELPS ALOT!

Last edited by ItsMeNik on Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
agentmax69
Student
Student
agentmax69

PostSubject: Re: Speed Up Your Connection :)    Speed Up Your Connection :)  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 11:10 am

saan to pre sa connection ng internet or sa connection ng DOTA ? Question
Back to top Go down
ItsMeNik
Student
Student
ItsMeNik

PostSubject: Re: Speed Up Your Connection :)    Speed Up Your Connection :)  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 5:10 pm

Internet at the same time sa DOTA kasi latency ang gamit ng mga laro.
Back to top Go down
lesan

PostSubject: Re: Speed Up Your Connection :)    Speed Up Your Connection :)  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 5:49 pm

how about for wi-fi users? any idea how to reduce the delay/lag during the game? any suggested set-up?
Back to top Go down
ItsMeNik
Student
Student
ItsMeNik

PostSubject: Re: Speed Up Your Connection :)    Speed Up Your Connection :)  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 9:18 pm

For wifi users , just go where the nearest spot of your wireless router. use recycled antenna booster, heres the link for example:

youtube.com/watch?v=LtlF14Z60Q8, its a DO IT YOURSELF. try that and see if it boosts your connection.

or try this:

1. Strategic positioning – Say you want to cover a floor with WiFi. There’s no point having your wireless access point in the corner of the room because the area that it can then distribute a signal to is much reduced. Instead, plan out where you want to cover and work out where the best place is to station your router. If you have a nice big open, flat office space then I would recommend setting up the router in the middle of the floor. This way the omni-directional antenna (an type of antenna that radiates the signal) can distribute more evenly over a greater area. In a duplex situation, placing the router on a ceiling in the middle of the building is a good way to radiate the signal further and stronger.

2. Mount the router on the wall – My WiFi coverage was at it’s worst when I had my router sitting at the back of my desk. If you want to boost the signal, a cheap and easy way to do so is to simply wall-mount the thing. This will increase the distance between it and all the possible interference around your computer.

3. Buy an antenna – There are a multitude of booster antennas on the market at very reasonable prices. The idea is that you plug them into your router then direct the signal in a certain direction, in my case, up through the floor to where I needed more coverage. Try using a high gain (gain is the measure of how well the signal is focussed) directional antenna to increase the range and strength of a network in the direction pointed.

4. Try a repeater – If you don’t want to spend on an extra access point, then try a repeater. What a repeater does is receive the WiFi signal, then repeat it, hence the name. But it means that the repeater must be inside the range of the WiFi network, otherwise it won’t receive a signal in the first place. Linksys, Netgear and Belkin all make repeaters, and they’re typically quite affordable. The added extra is that they do not require an extra cabling as they receive the signal wirelessly, instead of via an Ethernet cable.

5. Add a powerline extender – Netgear now have a range of powerline extenders that send a signal via a powerline, instead of over an Ethernet cable. Plug one into your router and another into a power socket in a poorly covered area, set it up and away you go. Just be sure that you are all on the same circuit, otherwise it will not work.

Back to top Go down
ItsMeNik
Student
Student
ItsMeNik

PostSubject: Re: Speed Up Your Connection :)    Speed Up Your Connection :)  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 9:28 pm

Also try Homemade Pringles antenna – Eat a packet of Pringles (ready salted would be my choice) then follow this tutorial to convert it into a functioning directional antenna. Point it where you need a signal boost.

TUTORIAL >>>> oreillynet.com/cs/weblog/view/wlg/448
Back to top Go down
ItsMeNik
Student
Student
ItsMeNik

PostSubject: Re: Speed Up Your Connection :)    Speed Up Your Connection :)  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 9:29 pm

Or

Put large furniture along the exterior walls of your home.

Minimize mirrors. All metallic surfaces reflect WiFi signals, including the thin metal layer found in most mirrors.

Place your router in one of the following locations:

-Near the center of the house

-Off the floor, ideally on a high shelf

-As far as possible from your neighbor's Wi-Fi router (which, of course, you've made sure is using a different channel)

-Away from cordless phones and microwaves, which operate on the same 2.4-Ghz frequency.(There are some cordless phones that are Wi-Fi friendly)

-Keep antennas as far away from power cords and other computer wires as possible. Those cords and wires can interfere with radio reception.

DONT FORGET TO PRESS THANKS BUTTON Smile
Back to top Go down
ItsMeNik
Student
Student
ItsMeNik

PostSubject: Re: Speed Up Your Connection :)    Speed Up Your Connection :)  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 9:33 pm

TIPS

The computer case itself can be a significant barrier to the Wi-Fi signal - try positioning the case so it doesn't come between the network card and router antennas.

The addition of a "high gain" (higher dBi) external antenna will often provide increased reception signal and performance. Note that a higher dBi increases the signal horizontally, but decreases vertically.

If you need to cover several floors, a higher dBi will probably not help. In this case, you might consider buying a Wi-Fi amplifier, which will boost your signal.

Reflectors can also be used to good advantage. Use NetStumbler to tune your placement of the reflector. Compact disks can be used, as can anything that actually looks like a parabolic reflector.

The reflector, of course, should be placed behind the receiving device or antenna. Large increases in signal strength can be expected. This trick also works with cellphones.

If all else fails, you can look into purchasing a WiFi repeater, which is a piece of hardware you can use to boost the signal between the router and your device.

Depending on your brand and model of wireless router, you may be able to replace the built in software with a replacement open source solution that adds much more capabilities and the option to increase the power to your wireless antenna.

If you still need more range, consider upgrading your wireless standard, up to Wireless N or Wireless G with MIMO. These two technologies will greatly increase the range of a formerly 802.11g or 802.11b network.
Back to top Go down
ashes

PostSubject: Re: Speed Up Your Connection :)    Speed Up Your Connection :)  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 7:43 pm

ItsMeNik wrote:

3. Windows Scaling = Yes
4. Time Stamping = No
5. Selective Acks = Yes
10. TTL = 128

Smile ENJOY!

lol!

san ung DrTCP tol?

hehe Smile
Back to top Go down
ItsMeNik
Student
Student
ItsMeNik

PostSubject: Re: Speed Up Your Connection :)    Speed Up Your Connection :)  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 9:33 pm

Here: dslreports.com/front/DRTCP021.exe
Back to top Go down
ashes

PostSubject: Re: Speed Up Your Connection :)    Speed Up Your Connection :)  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 4:46 pm

smart bro me tol Smile
Back to top Go down
ItsMeNik
Student
Student
ItsMeNik

PostSubject: Re: Speed Up Your Connection :)    Speed Up Your Connection :)  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 8:50 pm

Smile San Location? I Could you more in advance, pero kailangan ng funds para mkita ko ung book na un.
Back to top Go down
ashes

PostSubject: Re: Speed Up Your Connection :)    Speed Up Your Connection :)  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 6:35 am

indi ko maintindihan lol

Smile
Back to top Go down
Learner
Learner

PostSubject: Re: Speed Up Your Connection :)    Speed Up Your Connection :)  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 6:55 am

ItsMeNik wrote:

First If You're a Smartbro user. This Section is the right place for you to speed up your connection
Im Sharing this knowledge that I leanred back when i was 12 yrs old , cause now im 16.

Okay Lets Go! cheers

First Go to Network Connections > "Your Connection" > Right Click > Properties > Internet Protocol Version 4 (IPv4) > Double Click > Choose "Use the following Dns Server" > Then type in > Preffered DNS server : 8.8.8.8 and Alternate DNS Server : 8.8.4.4

First Go to Network Connections > "Your Connection" > Right Click > Properties > Internet Protocol Version 4 (IPv4) > Double Click > Choose "Use the following Dns Server" > Then type in > Preffered DNS server : 208.67.222.222 and Alternate DNS Server : 208.67.220.220 or you can also try using SmartBro dns

THIS DNS SERVERS are from GOOGLE's PUBLIC DNS SERVER and OpenDNS. They speed you're connection a little bit and latency (which we use in game for anti spikes)

3. Windows Scaling = Yes
4. Time Stamping = No
5. Selective Acks = Yes
10. TTL = leave it blank

3. Windows Scaling = Yes
4. Time Stamping = No
5. Selective Acks = Yes
10. TTL = 128

Smile ENJOY!

lol!

i think this only applies only for BROWSING.....
and of course copy paste again without CREDITS
Back to top Go down
ItsMeNik
Student
Student
ItsMeNik

PostSubject: Re: Speed Up Your Connection :)    Speed Up Your Connection :)  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 1:46 pm

Its Not Only for browsing, Ttl refers to Ping also, And Ping are what we use in playing, Why will i post credits,
I Modified Almost All of it, And If i'll put credits di magkakasya, kasi di lang naman sa isa ko kinuha ung idea. olryt I'll give some

Ill Quote It. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ItsMeNik
Student
Student
ItsMeNik

PostSubject: Re: Speed Up Your Connection :)    Speed Up Your Connection :)  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 1:54 pm

ItsMeNik wrote:

Okay Lets Go! cheers

3. Windows Scaling = Yes
4. Time Stamping = No
5. Selective Acks = Yes
10. TTL = leave it blank

3. Windows Scaling = Yes
4. Time Stamping = No
5. Selective Acks = Yes
10. TTL = 128

Smile ENJOY!

lol!

ALL CREDITS GOES TO:

coolbuster
speedguide.net
GOOGLE
dslreports
Tune Up Utilities Reg File For Internet
testmy.net
tweakhound
blackviper and
Me
Back to top Go down
Learner
Learner

PostSubject: Re: Speed Up Your Connection :)    Speed Up Your Connection :)  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 9:05 am

well if u can reduce latency that would be better. because the location affects the latency therefore if u can change the latency even if ur not close to the server or the host that means better connection imho. xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Speed Up Your Connection :)    Speed Up Your Connection :)  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Speed Up Your Connection :)
Page 1 of 1